Hi Everyone! Today is the last day to enter into the Pretty Pink Posh blog hop!! My second card is inspired by JJ Bolton’s lovely cloud background and this gorgeous spring card that the talented Lisa Spangler created here:
Since fall is right around the corner, I thought it’d be great to create a card featuring some lovely autumn colors. Since i’m absolutely obsessed with shaker cards ever since Paulina from Pretty Pink Posh hosted her first blog hop, I had to make another one!
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create an A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Use the Mama Elephant Basic Set Creative Cuts and the Spellbinders Card Creator A2 Matting Basics Dies to create a frame
- Run the frame with the Darice Swirls Embossing Folder through the Cuttlebug
- Adhere acetate to the frame to create the window for the shaker
- Use the Mama Elephant Central Park Stamp Set to stamp and emboss the horse-drawn carriage in black
- Use the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and You Stamp Set as well as The Big, The Bold and the Happy Stamp Set to stamp the sentiment in Encore Gold Pigment Ink and heat emboss
- Use the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio Creative Cuts to die cut a hill and use the negative image as a mask to blend Peeled Paint Distress Ink
- Blend the clouds using a stencil (purchased from Impress Cards and Crafts) and Hero Arts Soft Sky Shadow Ink
- Stamp and cut out some leaves from watercolor paper and use water and Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo) to create some fall embellishments!
- Sprinkle in some sequins because how can you have a shaker card without sequins?!
- Adhere frame to cardbase with foam tape
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I am having so much fun on this blog hop and I hope you are too!