The moment I saw the Simon Says Stamp/Mama Elephant Super Duo Stamp Set, I knew, in my heart of hearts, that I was going to go over my crafting budget to my husband’s chagrin. I made a deal with him and said that I would wait to order until the end of September, and if it was still in stock, it was fate and I’d get it. In mid-September, the dies AND stamps sold out and I was CRUSHED. When the stamps came back in stock, you bet your butt, I reneged on our deal and made an order despite having to pay for shipping! haha
My card was inspired by the unbelievably talented and creative Nicole Magouirk:
I made this card for a very close friend who LOVES her batman comics (and yes, she is over 30…haha). These little super kids are so cute that I squeal every time I look at them!
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Cut an A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Cut an A2 size rectangle out of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock
- Cut a circle mask out of Inkadinkado Masking Paper and keep both the positive and negative
- Stick the positive circle mask on the A2 rectangle to create the moon and blend Distress Inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord) to create a night sky
- Stick the negative mask and lightly blend Pumice Stone Distress Ink on the “moon”
- Mix Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder with water and splatter across blended background to create some twinkling stars
- Also splatter some water across the blended background to create more stars
- Use Simon Says Stamp/Mama Elephant Super Duo Stamp Set to stamp Super Girl, color with Copics and then fussy cut the image (or use the Super Duo Creative Cuts if you were lucky enough to get them before they sold out!)
- Use Mama Elephant Central Park Stamp Set to stamp the skyline image on yellow cardstock with Hero Arts Charcoal Ink and clear heat-emboss.
- Fussy cut the skyline and adhere to card
- Blend Black Soot Distress Ink under the skyline and use a White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen to create a road
- Use Scotch Foam Tape to pop up Super Girl
- Use the Simon Says Stamp/Mama Elephant Super Duo Creative Cuts to die cut the super hero speech bubble (if you’re lucky, I unfortunately do not have it and had to fussy cut), Stamp and clear heat-emboss the “Super Hugs” sentiment with Encore Ultimate Metallic Champagne Pigment Ink and adhere to card
- Use Doodlebug Designs Assorted Sequins and Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins to add some more stars to the blended night sky!
- Sit back and squeal with the cuteness that is this card!!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!! If you have this stamp set, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am and if you don’t, GO GET IT!!! haha