Hi! I’m back to play with some more Winnie & Walter Birthday Bash Celebration Challenges! This will be my third submission to the event! I will be submitting this card to the following challenges – Kelly’s In Rotation Technique Challenge and Julie’s Shaker Challenge.
So I’m not sure if I’m interpreting the “In Rotation” challenge as it was meant to be interpreted since I’m basically just rotating stems and leaves to make….well, a bed of leaves for a flower. I hope this qualifies!
I seriously could not decide whether I liked this card as a shaker so I made it without the shaker element and I still can’t decide!! Maybe you can help me out?? Which one do you like more?
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create a top-folding A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Cut a frame out of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock using the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A Dies
- Stamp the flower from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Extras Stamp Set with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- Use Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to watercolor the flower and set aside to air dry
- Stamp the outline leaves from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Extras Stamp Set in rotation with Avery Elle Celery Pigment Ink
- Stamp the solid leaves from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Extras Stamp Set using the Rock n’ Roll technique with Avery Elle Pigment Inks (Celery and Lemon Grass)
- Stamp the sentiment from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and You Stamp Set with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
- Embellish the card/Fill the shaker with assorted Pretty Pink Posh (4mm Sparkling Clear and 6mm Sand) and Doodlebug Sequins (Lily White, Cupcake and Limeade)
- Adhere the card together using some foam tape (I doubled up on the foam tape for this card so that there is more room to shake!) and double-sided adhesive
- Tip: Use a powder tool on the inside of the shaker and along the edge of the foam tape to reduce static and prevent the sequins from sticking to the borders
- Compare the two cards you just made and figure out which one you like better….
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! The Winnie & Walter First Birthday Bash Challenges have really increased my crafting time because they are so much fun! Sometimes I even dream about cards!! Now all I have to do is learn how to use a camera/Photoshop so that my photos come out looking like my cards!!! Ggggrrrrrr!!!!