Hi! I’m back to play with some more Winnie & Walter Birthday Bash Celebration Challenges! This will be my fourth submission to the event! I will be submitting this card to the challenges thrown by the incredibly talented founders of W&W – Shay’s One Challenge and Julie’s Shaker Challenge.
I decided to make a birthday card for these two lovely ladies using their logo’s fun and cheery color scheme!! Hope they like it!
I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time deciding between whether to make a card a shaker or not!! I think it’s because I want to make EVERYTHING into a shaker card!! haha Which one do you like more??
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create a top-folding A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Cut a frame out of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock using the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A Dies
- Stamp the background with second-generation stamping using the Winnie & Walter Big Bang Confetti Stamp Set with Memento Dye Inks (Lilac Posies, Tangelo, Dandelion, Pear Tart) and ColorBox Petal Point Cyan Pigment Ink
- Stamp the balloons using the Mama Elephant Balloon Letters Stamp Set with Memento Dye Inks (Lilac Posies, Tangelo, Dandelion, Pear Tart) and ColorBox Petal Point Cyan Pigment Ink and fussy cut
- Stamp the sentiment from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Happy Stamp Set with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder
- Embellish the card/Fill the shaker with assorted Pretty Pink Posh (6mm Pink Peonies, 6mm Tangerine, 6mm Marigold, 6mm Mossy Green and 6mm Aquamarine) and Doodlebug Sequins (Lily White)
- Adhere the card together using some foam tape (I doubled up on the foam tape for this card so that there is more room to shake!) and double-sided adhesive
- Tip: Use a powder tool on the inside of the shaker and along the edge of the foam tape to reduce static and prevent the sequins from sticking to the borders
- To Shake or Not to Shake? That is the question!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I have become quite addicted to The Winnie & Walter First Birthday Bash Challenges. I hope you get a chance to play along so that I can look at your beautiful creations!