Hi! I’m submitting my fifth card to the Winnie & Walter Birthday Bash Celebration Challenges! I have had so much fun these past two weeks playing along with the Winnie & Walter challenges and I am so happy that there are two more weeks! YEAH!! I will be submitting this card to the following challenges – Kelly’s In Rotation Technique Challenge and Mayuri’s Distress Inks & Patterns Challenge.
Combining these two challenges together was super hard for me because most of my Winnie & Walter stamps are sentiment stamps and because I generally use Distress Inks for techniques! I checked out Mayuri’s blog for some inspiration and just love how her cards have such bold and bright colors with a loads of white space. I decided to give it a shot. What do you think?
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create a top-folding A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Stamp and rotate the solid leaf from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Extras Stamp Set with Distress Ink Pads (Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves) to create a bold and colorful patterned background
- Stamp the sentiment from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and You Stamp Set with Versafine Onyx Black Ink onto a strip of vellum and heat emboss with clear embossing powder
- Embellish the card with assorted Pretty Pink Posh (6mm Lemon Drop, 6mm Shamrock, 6mm Cobalt, 6mm Amethyst and 4mm Sparkling Clear) and Doodlebug Sequins (Ladybug and Tangerine)
- Adhere the card together using double-sided adhesive
- Go back and forth in your head for an hour debating whether the card needs something more and then decide to stop fussing and enjoy the cheery rainbow of colors!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!