Hi! I’m making my sixth submission to the Winnie & Walter Birthday Bash Celebration Challenges! I can’t believe I went from never having submitted a card to a challenge due to lack of confidence to having created SIX challenge cards in the span of three weeks!! It is so much fun and I am so grateful for all of the support and kind words that I’ve received from the unbelievably wonderful crafting community! I will be submitting this card to the following challenges – Joni’s Sketch Challenge and Shay’s One Challenge.
It has been pretty darn cold in New York, so I looked through my wedding album (destination wedding in the Bahamas) and imagined myself in the warm, tropical weather of the Caribbean. Since Valentine’s Day is near, I decided to make my husband a one-layer card reminiscent of the place where we met as well as where we were wed five years later.
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create a top-folding A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Create several masks for the beach, the ocean, the sun and the bunnies out of Post-It Full Adhesive Notes and 3M Micropore Tape
- Stamp the bunnies from the Mama Elephant Honey Bunny Stamp Set, color with Copics (0, W1, W3) and mask
- Create the beach by laying down a mask to protect the water line and blend with Antique Linen Distress Ink using Ranger’s Mini Ink Blending Tools
- Create the ocean by laying down masks to protect the beach and sky lines and blend with Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean) using Ranger’s Mini Ink Blending Tools
- Create the sky by laying down masks to protect the sun and ocean and blend with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Salty Ocean) using Ranger’s Mini Ink Blending Tools
- Create the sun by removing the sun and ocean masks and blend with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade) using Ranger’s Mini Ink Blending Tools
- Stamp the sentiment from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Happy Stamp Set with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder
- Stamp the birds and waves using the Lawn Fawn Float My Boat Stamp Set with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
- Remove the bunny mask
- Think of how nice it would be to be with a loved one lying on a beach soaking in the sun with the water lapping at your feet….sigh
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Hope this card warmed you up a bit during this cold winter!