Hi Everyone! I saw this gorgeous post on Instagram from @lotsoflovelies and was inspired to create a vday card for a close friend of mine to give to her boyfriend! It reminds me of the days that I have spent in Central Park with my husband, sitting on the grass, looking at the sky and just basking in the beauty and peace that a park in the middle of Manhattan can bring to one’s life.
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create a 4″ x 4.25″ top-folding card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Use a Spellbinders Large Rectangle Die and Sizzix Square Die to create a polaroid frame
- Stamp the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
- Stamp the bunnies from the Mama Elephant Honey Bunny Stamp Set onto Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, color with Copic Sketch Markers (C1, C3, C5) and then fussy cut them
- Selectively stamp the flowers from the Mama Elephant Up and Away Stamp Set onto Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock using Memento Gum Drop Dew Drops (Lilac Posies and Pear Tart) Ink and then fussy cut them
- Die-cut the grass using the Taylored Expressions Grass Border Die
- Mask off the area of the card base around the frame with Micropore Tape
- Blend the clouds using a stencil (purchased from Impress Cards and Crafts) and Hero Arts Soft Sky Shadow Ink
- You can also find free cut files that JJ Bolton has so generously posted on her blog and create your own cloud background stencil!
- Place a mask cut out of Full-Adhesive Post-It Notes over the polaroid area
- Stamp the striped background using the Impression Obsession Thick Stripes Cover-A-Card Stamp with Hero Arts Soft Granite Shadow Ink
- Adhere the grass, bunnies, flowers and frame to the card base
- Embellish the card with some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Sequins (4mm, 6mm)
- Shake your head in wonder at the depth of emotion that two bunnies, with their backs turned to you, can invoke!!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!