Hi! So, my birthday is coming up the day after Valentine’s Day and I wanted to make a special card for my twin sister! She is only a minute older than me but I definitely look up to her as my big sister. I value her opinions and guidance more than anyone else in the world. I am so lucky to have her in my life and was unbelievably blessed to grow up as a twin! See below for a pic of us as young ‘uns with these huge cheeses on our face.
She has been so supportive of my papercrafting obsession and since shaker cards are her favorite, I thought this would be perfect!
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create an A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Cut a frame out of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock using Mama Elephant Basic Set Creative Cuts
- Stamp the twins using the Mama Elephant Cosmic Stars Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, color with Copic Markers (E000/E01, E00/E02, C05/C07/C09), paper-piece the dresses with Lawn Fawn Lets Polka Patterned Paper and fussy cut
- Stamp the sentiment using the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and Happy Stamp Set and selectively ink “twin” from the Mama Elephant Merry Greetings Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Stamp the balloons using the Mama Elephant Balloon Et Cetera Stamp Set with Hero Arts Shadow Inks (Pale Tomato, Butter Bar, Soft Granite)
- Use a mask to create a little hill for the twins to stand on with Hero Arts Soft Sky Shadow Ink
- Embellish the card/Fill the shaker with assorted Pretty Pink Posh (6mm Watermelon, 6mm Marigold, 6mm Charcoal, 6mm Sparkling Clear, 4mm Sparklng Clear) and Doodlebug Sequins (Lily White)
- Adhere the card together using some foam tape (I doubled up on the foam tape for this card so that there is more room to shake!) and double-sided adhesive
- Tip: Use a powder tool on the inside of the shaker and along the edge of the foam tape to reduce static and prevent the sequins from sticking to the borders
- Give your brother/sister a call for no reason other than to talk after shaking this card!!
I will be submitting this card to Virginia’s View Challenge #12 – Shaker Cards.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!