St. Patty’s Day is nigh and since I’ve been dreaming of spring and flowers and rainbows during this cold winter, I thought it would be great to make a bright and cheerful card to counteract the snow storm occurring outside of my window!
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create an A2 top-folding landscape card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Create a 4.25″ x 5.5″ frame using the Spellbinders Card Creator A2 Matting Basics Dies out of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock
- Use a Cricut Expression 2 to cut out the black pot base and frame from the Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge (fish bowl)
- Cut out acetate and adhere acetate to the frame to create the window for the shaker
- Create stitched clouds using Lawn Fawn Spring Showers Creative Cuts
- Create grass using the Taylored Expressions Grass Border Die
- Create a rainbow using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large Dies out of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock
- Blend the clouds using a stencil (purchased from Impress Cards and Crafts) and Hero Arts Soft Sky Shadow Ink
- Please note that the amazingly talented JJ Bolton has a free cut file available with a cloud template in case you want to make your own stencil!
- Punch out 8 hearts from Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock, assemble two four-leaf clovers and blend ink on with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
- Embellish the card/Fill the shaker with assorted sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (6mm Metallic Gold, 4mm Metallic Gold)
- Adhere the card together using some foam tape (I doubled up on the foam tape for the shaker so that there is more room to shake!) and double-sided adhesive
- Tip: Use a powder tool on the inside of the shaker and along the edge of the foam tape to reduce static and prevent the sequins from sticking to the borders
- Think about the pot o’ gold at the end of your rainbow!
I will be submitting this card to the following challenges:
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!