I don’t usually make cards for major holidays aside from Christmas but I saw this AMAZING Irish Blessings printable online and was inspired to create this framed shaker. Can you believe that the super talented and generous Samantha, at Five Heart Home, is providing this download for free!?!? And because I am so in love with this print, I tried to keep everything else super simple to really showcase this Irish Blessing!
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Create a top-folding A2 card base out of Neenah Solar White 110lb. Cardstock
- Cut a frame out of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock using the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A Dies, add Versamark Ink to the inside of the frame and heat emboss with Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder (à la Kristina Werner)
- Cut a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ rectangle out of acetate and adhere under the frame with a Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- Print this absolutely gorgeous Irish Blessing download made available for free by Samantha at Five Heart Home on a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock (I sized it down in Photoshop to fit my frame)
- Punch out 12 hearts from Neenah Solar White 80lb. Cardstock, assemble three four-leaf clovers and blend ink on with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
- Embellish the card/Fill the shaker with assorted sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (6mm Marshmallow, 6mm Shamrock, 6mm Gold Confetti, 4mm Sparkling Clear)
- Adhere the card together using some foam tape (I doubled up on the foam tape for this card so that there is more room to shake!) and double-sided adhesive
- Tip: Use a powder tool on the inside of the shaker and along the edge of the foam tape to reduce static and prevent the sequins from sticking to the borders
- Grab a pint and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day early!!
I will be submitting this card to the following challenges:
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and remember, never iron a four-leaf clover because you don’t want to press your luck!!! hehe =P