I was asked to create a scrapbook page for one of my long-time friends (I’ve known her since Kindergarten!) who is getting married this year!! I have never created a scrapbook page before and I gotta say, it is HARD to think about what to do with all that space!!! I am truly grateful that handmade cards have a more manageable, for me, creative space to work on. I’m not in love with this layout but I had a deadline to meet and after many hours of pulling my hair out, I decided to go with the below:
See below for steps to reproduce:
- Grab an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of patterned paper (I used a sheet of Pretty Party Invitation Pattern Paper by Crate Paper)
- Use the Jasmine Cricut Cartridge on an Cricut Expression 2 (or any other electronic die-cutting machine) to cut personalized names out of DCWV gold foil
- Die-cut two film strips using the Pretty Pink Posh Film Strip Die out of 80lb. Ash Cardstock from Paper Presentation
- Trace the die twice out on 80lb. Neenah Solar White Cardstock and fussy-cut to back the film-strip die-cuts with Honey Bee Scissors
- Cut a 4.25″ x 6.25″ rectangle out of 80lb. Neenah Solar White Cardstock and lightly blend Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Spun Sugar) with a mini ink blending tool.
- Stamp the vase from The Ton Stamps Fresh Cut Peonies Stamp Set using Hero Arts Soft Granite Shadow Ink on 80lb. Neenah Solar White Cardstock and vellum and fussy-cut
- Stamp the three-step flowers from The Ton Stamps Fresh Cut Peonies Stamp Set using Distress Inks (Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick) with this very helpful stamping guide and MISTI and fussy-cut
- Stamp the two-step leaves from the Papertrey Ink The Sweet Life Stamp Set using Avery Elle Pigment Inks (Lemon Grass, Celery) and fussy-cut
- Stamp the sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Wet Paint III Stamp Set on vellum using Versamark Ink, heat emboss with Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder and die-cut using Sizzix Fancy Labels No. 3 Framelits
- Embellish with a couple of Pretty Pink Posh sequins (Sparkling Clear Assorted, Pretty Peonies 4mm)
- Adhere everything together using the Scotch Advanced Tape Glider and Zig Two-Way Glue Pen
- Take a moment to sit back and remember some wonderful times you have had over the years with your life-long friend(s)!! Make sure to tell them you love them!!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and Happy Crafting!